As you begin to put together your venue wish list, you may find yourself thinking outside the proverbial box and exploring locations that aren’t typically where you think a wedding would be held. We happen to love this trend! Weddings at schools, wineries, and museums are popping up everywhere, and it’s amazing to see the creativity unfold. Our friends at Wedding Chicks have even posted a helpful list of tips when booking an untraditional venue and, to that end, we’re compiling a few of our favorite types of venues along with a few local suggestions for our couples in the area!
- State Parks, such as Ridley Creek State Park in Media, PA (that mansion!) are perfect for a naturally beautiful setting, especially for an outdoorsy couple.
- Weddings and wine – in our opinion, there could not be a more perfect pair! A winery wedding makes perfect sense, especially for a more intimate affair with fewer guests. We have a soft spot for Grace Winery in Glen Mills...
- Oh estate weddings – be still our hearts! As guests wander in and out of each room, they feel as though they are almost at someone’s home. Fireplaces! Beautiful staircases! Cairnwood Estate in Bryn Athyn PA is an absolute stunner.
- Somewhat surprisingly, some schools can offer a very unique setting for your celebration. The Baldwin School in Bryn Mawr, PA is a gorgeous, sprawling building with beautiful floors and an almost austere quality.
- Green thumbed brides and grooms will love a wedding in an arboretum. Flowers and greens galore! Shannon's a regular at Tyler Arboretum and loves it!